C.1 Socioeconomic Impact
Objective: to track the socioeconomic impact of the project on the basis of the legal activities of energy in general and energy efficiency, in particular, developed by members of the project team, mainly through its activity in the project and their usual activity.
Development of the Monitoring Plan, in which there is described the methodology to follow for monitoring the impact of the project in the socioeconomic area.
Organization of expert’ panels. During the execution time of the project there has been developed a whole of three experts' panels, which dates and objectives, number of invited experts is detailed next:
- First Experts’ Panel (October 2014) its objective has been the evaluation of energy efficiency measures.
- Panel Networking (October 2015) its objective has been the maximization of the socio-economic impact of the projects of its surroundings.
- Third Experts’ Panel (November 2016) developed in order to contrast the developments made in the monitoring system and indicators establishment.
As a result of this action, it should be noted the impact of the OPERE project has been at the level of:
- All indicators of socioeconomic impact have been achieved and mostly exceeded in a very significant way, in relation to the initial values, reaching in some cases compliance rates that exceed 500%.
- The project has directly reached more than 870 users who have participated in the various activities developed by OPERE
- The promotion of cooperation between different areas of the USC, as well as the collaboration with external entities.
- The impact of the project as a driving force for an awareness of energy efficiency within the scope of the USC and its alignment with its policy of social responsibility.
- The impact of the project on the dynamisation of innovation among the suppliers agents as well as the researcher's character.
- The commitment of the partners, as evidenced by the actual financial contribution to the project, which exceeds the co-financing rates required under the Life program.
The results of this action are reflected in the following documents:
C.2 Environmental Impact
Objective: To monitor the environmental impact of the project taking into account the energy generated, the energy consumed, the energy sources used, the generation, sale and purchase costs.
- Definition of the data model necessary for an accurate, periodic knowledge of the production costs and energy consumption of the facilities, individual and joint.
- Definition of indicators for monitoring, categorization, impact and aggregation.
- Definition of the access process to defined data and indicators. The indicators to be followed should be related to the energy generated, the energy consumed, the energy sources and their generation, sale and purchase costs. In the case of the Monte de la Condesa complex of buildings, the energy sources to be taken into account (and their associated indicators) are related to natural gas, diesel fuel C and electricity.
- Information processing. The data and indicators corresponding to the environmental impact monitoring of the project are processed and recorded in an Excel file.
- Issuing tracking reports.
Reduction of energy consumption
The energy consumption savings obtained in the project are summarized in the following table where Demo 1 refers to the results obtained considering the initial demonstration period, after the implementation of energy efficiency measures and Demo 2 refers to the results obtained after the application of optimization measures.
Reduction of pollutant emissions
With respect to pollutant emissions associated with thermal generation comparatively, during the demonstration of extended or period 2, there is a slight reduction of this indicator up to 28%. In both cases the obtained value from the reduction of CO2 emissions in absolute values is located above the objectives at the beginning of the project.
It is verified that although the economic savings are below the initially estimated expressed in percent, if we consider the savings in total values, the reduction of operating costs of the USC is superior to those initially.
The results of the project are the following documents:
- Environmental Impact Monitoring Plan
- Intermediate Report on Environmental Impact
- Final Report of Environmental Impact Monitoring