OPERE project has as main objective to set efficient management systems in energy networks, both thermal and electrical, in existing installations with large energy consumption.
OPERE project aims to optimize thermal and electrical energy management of the installations that the University of Santiago de Compostela has in Campus Vida, so that with proper management and optimization of installations both the environmental impact associated with large energy consumption of the USC and its costs can be reduced.
The main expected results in OPERE project are:
- Getting a modular and easy replicable energy networks management system to be implemented as an energy optimization action in other energy intensive centres different to the current project.
- 30% Reduction in energy consumption associated with thermal generation.
- 35% Reduction in the production of polluting emissions associated with the electrical and thermal generation.
- Getting a 35% in economic savings, which will allow to obtain an analysis of profitability in energy networks management systems implemented in other energy intensive centres different to the current project.
- Reaching the main stakeholders after project implementation and execution in order to get a socioeconomic and environmental relevant impact.